Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Schrag PPP: Sometimes the Delight is in the Details

 A problem I often encounter in my photo based drawings is that I select an image that will automatically commit me to hours and hours of hand drawing.  For example a lousy copy of this photo I took of the Doge’s cathedral behind the big St. Mark’s cathedral on the square back in 2018:



Not really a problem - except for two things. One, you are seeing it sideways but you can turn your phone or tablet right side up. If you are on a desktop- oops.  But the other issue is more important. The hard copy which is what you see here, is about 40 x 20 inches, which will require A LOT of designing and coloring in those blank spaces.

However, I have discovered that little steps are best. The image that you see here below sits at the lower right of the big image, actually cropped out of the larger image above. Anyhow, it is about the size of a credit card and took less than an hour to complete. So I can put both it and myself down for a nap without exhausting either of us!



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment