Saturday, October 17, 2020

Schrag PPP Loggia Update

.As Facebook taught the world to say, “It’s complicated.” My old iPad died mid sentence on my latest Libby book. One of my credit cards was compromised. Apple doesn’t recognize my ID. I fly back to Raleigh in a couple days and the zipper on my suitcase broke. Other than that .  .  .  


But I still can access The Wall - fingers crossed - so thought I would send you this update on the Loggia image:

As mentioned in my earlier post this image is a combination of several photographic images: 

an architectural model of an Italianate loggia. And in the niches formed by the loggia you can see - if you enlarge the image a bit;
a sunset painting that I drew for an early work that is visible along the openings above and below the larger niches in the loggia.
a deserted plough in a field close to the area in South Dakota where we spent summers when young.
a room in our favorite hotel Monaa Lisa [not a typo] in Florence, Italy.
the beach at Warren Dunes State Park in Michigan near where portions of my Mother’’s, Father’s and older brother’s ashes are scattered, 
one of my earliest free-hand drawings, and finally,
the roadside sign from Schrag Shorthorn Farms, where we spent those summers mentioned above.

To clarify the process a bit each image had to be refined so that they shared the same resolution and I had to manipulate the image size so that the piece of the image I wanted to fit in the niche matched the size of the niche.  If I lost you there, don’t worry. I often lost myself in the process and had to walk around a bit or nap before coming back to the task at hand.

Anyhow, this is what I have now which is, least we forget, the canvas on which I will now actually begin to draw!

Yikes
'

No comments:

Post a Comment