Thursday, December 17, 2020

Schrag PPP: The Yellow Tree Project

 

I had already begun to work on this image when an old buddy of mine drew my attention to a project he had recently completed called The Yellow Pages - a sort of memoir to his wife who had died of pancreatic cancer a number of years ago. It was quite wonderful, and since this guy has been my best bud, literally since the week in which we were both born I decided to follow his color lead, and while I usually let the image decide what colors should be used I opted to let yellow guide my color choices.

The initial image is the scene that currently serves as the wallpaper on my iPad. It is a picture of a tree by a pond that lies along one of my walking routes up here in Burr Ridge:



Next I trimmed the image to separate the edges of the tree from the background creating more space for subsequent designs. [I am looking for that interim image, but recently I "upgraded" both my computer and its software. Neat for the most part, but they decided to shift all my images from JPG format to something called HEIC, designed primarily to "save me space" and ruin my life. It will eventually work out, but meanwhile it forces me to jump straight to this image.



And here I hope is the final image. The resolution is a bit iffy, since many of the details are quite small. But I hope you can increase the size enough to get the idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment