Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Schrag PPP: A Pair of Roses

 Hi there - 

Some of you might be expecting pictures of Andrea, Sam, Maya and Ellie - Roses all, branches of the family and worthy of pictures. But these are roses of a different bloom. The first image, call it Big Rose, I have been working on for the last week or so.  Big Rose because it is 22 x 16. The second image, oh, let’s call it Small Rose is 13 x10.

Now, how there came to be 2 different Roses.  The first step in any of the PPP images is a lengthy browse through an embarrassing huge mass of photos from decades of digital images. That is, of course, the problem with digital photography - there is no film and if you, as I do, backup obsessively you end up with thousands of images. And I came across this Rose picture. Cool, I thought. I think I’ll work on this.

So I did. Then several days and multiple steps into the image, as I was going upstairs for dinner or a basketball game or something, I happened to glance up at a corner of my “gallery.” And, oops, there was Small Rose. It had no date on it, so I pretended not to see it, and went on to finish Big Rose. I have now acknowledged Small Rose, and am glad that, although they are obviously sisters, they are different enough that they are the result of different artistic moments.  Anyhow, here they are:

First, Big Rose:




 
And now, Small Rose:


Probably wise to point out that although they look the same size here Big Rose is, well, Bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment