Friday, September 18, 2020

Schrag Image: PP Muse

.

All right, if you were paying attention you noticed that there are only 2 Ps in the title of this post. That is because it is not a PPP, ping pong painting. It is a PP - podcast painting: PP Muse. The face below is actually a composite of 8 separate drawings I created back in about 2003 for a course called Digital Expression.  In that composition the image would fade into a blank screen over a musical bed, staring with just the eyes and then fading in piece by piece until the image was complete - then it would screen would fade back to nothing.



Original Muse

Part of the frustration of digital media is that it keeps changing. The original Muse piece was created in the software Garageband, which meant that the file suffix was .band. I still have multiple copies of that file: moving muse.band. But I can’t make any of them play. I am stuck in editing mode. Any assistance in that area would be appreciated. Anyhow, I have always been fond of the composite images and have used it monochromatically on t-shirts etc. This image below is my first version in full color, using the same basic version as I employ in Ping Pong Painting - just using a different starting point.


Painted Muse

.

No comments:

Post a Comment